List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrej Pintar Date:September 23 2009 10:38am
Subject:Re: borked replication
View as plain text
Andrei F - i am not sure if you pasted your error. did you paste the slave
error log. so we can see the error message. this could give us a hint whats

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Andrei F <frunzales@stripped> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to fix a MySQL replication issue. Currently here are major
> discrepancies between the master and the slave.
> Replication has been broken for the past couple of weeks. Here's my plan,
> please correct me if I'm wrong:
> 1) grab a dump of the master (server) database: mysqldump -u -p dbname >
> dbname.sql
> 2) drop the slave/partially replicated database on the slave server: drop
> database <dbname>
> 3) import the db dump created at step #1 into the slave server.
> 4) start replication.
> 5) get rid of old binary log cruft that's no longer needed.
> Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.
> regards

Andrej Pintar
email : api984@stripped
contact cell: 00385 98 790 639
home server:

borked replicationAndrei F22 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationMiguel Angel Nieto22 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationMarcus Bointon23 Sep
    • Re: borked replicationPankaj Joshi23 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationIan Simpson23 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationAndrej Pintar23 Sep
    • Re: borked replicationAndrei F23 Sep
      • Re: borked replicationapi98424 Sep
      • Re: borked replicationMats Kindahl25 Sep