List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrei F Date:September 22 2009 3:39pm
Subject:borked replication
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm trying to fix a MySQL replication issue. Currently here are major
discrepancies between the master and the slave.
Replication has been broken for the past couple of weeks. Here's my plan,
please correct me if I'm wrong:

1) grab a dump of the master (server) database: mysqldump -u -p dbname >
dbname.sql

2) drop the slave/partially replicated database on the slave server: drop
database <dbname>

3) import the db dump created at step #1 into the slave server.

4) start replication.

5) get rid of old binary log cruft that's no longer needed.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

regards

Thread
borked replicationAndrei F22 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationMiguel Angel Nieto22 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationMarcus Bointon23 Sep
    • Re: borked replicationPankaj Joshi23 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationIan Simpson23 Sep
  • Re: borked replicationAndrej Pintar23 Sep
    • Re: borked replicationAndrei F23 Sep
      • Re: borked replicationapi98424 Sep
      • Re: borked replicationMats Kindahl25 Sep