List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mangoo Date:July 27 2009 11:03pm
Subject:master-master replication broken (conflicts) - what now?
View as plain text
Due to some problems with failover scripts, I have a broken master-master installation:
some entries were inserted on one master, some were inserted
to the other master.

For now, I stopped one master to make the setup at least usable (yes, I know I lost some
inserts this way - but it's OK, they are not important).

I'd like to remove the whole database on the "broken" master (the one which is currently
disabled) and start the replication from scratch.

How should I proceed? I know I better start with backup, but what should I do next?

I wouldn't like to remove (drop) the database on the "broken" master just to find out that
the whole database was cleared on the "good" master as
well...

Could anyone describe the procedure briefly, or point me to the documentation?

Thread
master-master replication broken (conflicts) - what now?mangoo28 Jul
  • RE: master-master replication broken (conflicts) - what now?Joe Hammerman28 Jul
    • Re: master-master replication broken (conflicts) - what now?Tomasz Chmielewski28 Jul
      • Re: master-master replication broken (conflicts) - what now?Marcus Bointon28 Jul
Re: master-master replication broken (conflicts) - what now?Marcus Bointon29 Jul