List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ewen fortune Date:June 26 2009 10:46am
Subject:Re: Upload from cluster takes forever
View as plain text
Xavier,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Xavier Cardil<cardil.xavier@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, I am on the process of make a replication slave for a cluster, and now
> I'm uploading the cluster dump. It is about 4 gb of data and I'm using the
> following my.cnf :
>
> [mysqld]
> #
> # * Basic Settings
> #
> user            = mysql
> pid-file        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
> socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
> port            = 3306
> basedir         = /usr
> datadir         = /var/lib/mysql
> tmpdir          = /tmp
> language        = /usr/share/mysql/english
> skip-external-locking
> thread_concurrency = 2
> skip_name_resolve
> ndb-log-updates-as-writes=O
>

> # * Fine Tuning
> #
> key_buffer              = 16M
> max_allowed_packet      = 16M
> thread_stack            = 128K
> thread_cache_size       = 8
> # This replaces the startup script and checks MyISAM tables if needed
> # the first time they are touched
> myisam-recover         = BACKUP
> #max_connections        = 100
> #table_cache            = 64
> #thread_concurrency     = 10
> #
> # * Query Cache Configuration
> #
> query_cache_limit       = 1M
> query_cache_size        = 16M
>

> [mysqldump]
> quick
> quote-names
> max_allowed_packet      = 16M
>
> [mysql]
> #no-auto-rehash # faster start of mysql but no tab completition
>
> [isamchk]
> key_buffer              = 16M
>
> The problem is that 5 days have passed and the restore process still
> running. I don't know if this is normal, as It never happened to me.  Do I
> have to tune some param to speed it up ? Thank yo

Correct me if I am wrong, but from the thread it sounds like you have
taken a mysqldump from your ndbcluster and are trying to load it into
an InnoDB host which will become a slave of the cluster. If this is
the case your my.cnf does not contain any InnoDB configuration. Other
than that 5 days is an extremely long time for such a small amount of
data. As mentioned previously check the processlist and the log.
Perhaps you are out of space and mysql is waiting for more?.

Cheers,

Ewen
Thread
Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
    • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
      • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
        • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon1 Jul
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverewen fortune26 Jun
    • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul