List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Xavier Cardil Date:June 26 2009 10:36am
Subject:Re: Upload from cluster takes forever
View as plain text
I'm refering to a mysql cluster, using ndbcluster. Will it work that way  ?

Thanks.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Marcus Bointon
<marcus@stripped>wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2009, at 11:21, Xavier Cardil wrote:
>
>  Thank you, I'm using InnoDB. The percona plugin seems interesting, but
>> what
>> is the utility in my case ? I'm trying to replicate on a Innodb slave the
>> data being entered in to a Mysql cluster system.
>>

> XtraBackup can take a consistent snapshot of a running master and restore
> it on a slave, at which point you can start replication and have it catch up
> with the master. Overall it's the lowest-impact way of taking a clean copy
> of a master server. When you say cluster, are you referring to a bunch of
> servers running an existing MySQL replication system, or are you actually
> using mysql ndbcluster?
>
> I'm in the process of writing a rather long blog article on XtraBackup -
> I'll ping the list when it's done, probably next week.
>
> Marcus

Thread
Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
    • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
      • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
        • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon1 Jul
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverewen fortune26 Jun
    • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul