List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:June 26 2009 10:28am
Subject:Re: Upload from cluster takes forever
View as plain text
On 26 Jun 2009, at 11:21, Xavier Cardil wrote:

> Thank you, I'm using InnoDB. The percona plugin seems interesting,
> but what
> is the utility in my case ? I'm trying to replicate on a Innodb
> slave the
> data being entered in to a Mysql cluster system.

XtraBackup can take a consistent snapshot of a running master and
restore it on a slave, at which point you can start replication and
have it catch up with the master. Overall it's the lowest-impact way
of taking a clean copy of a master server. When you say cluster, are
you referring to a bunch of servers running an existing MySQL
replication system, or are you actually using mysql ndbcluster?

I'm in the process of writing a rather long blog article on XtraBackup
- I'll ping the list when it's done, probably next week.

Marcus
Thread
Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
    • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
      • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
        • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon1 Jul
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverewen fortune26 Jun
    • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul