List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Xavier Cardil Date:June 26 2009 10:21am
Subject:Re: Upload from cluster takes forever
View as plain text
Thank you, I'm using InnoDB. The percona plugin seems interesting, but what
is the utility in my case ? I'm trying to replicate on a Innodb slave the
data being entered in to a Mysql cluster system.

Thank you so much.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Marcus Bointon
<marcus@stripped>wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2009, at 10:58, Xavier Cardil wrote:
>
>  key_buffer              = 16M
>>

> That should probably be much bigger, assuming you're using MyISAM tables.
> If this box is not doing anything else, you should make this as big as will
> fit into available memory without squeezing the rest of the system.
>
>  The problem is that 5 days have passed and the restore process still
>> running. I don't know if this is normal, as It never happened to me.  Do I
>> have to tune some param to speed it up ? Thank yo
>>

> 5 days is way too long for this much data. You can see exactly what's going
> on by opening another mysql connection and doing a 'show processlist;' which
> will show exactly what's running so you can see how far it's got through
> your import. It should also be consuming server resources - memory and disk
> usage should be increasing as it grows. If it doesn't seem to be doing much,
> it may be hung up on something.
>
> Generally restoring from SQL dumps is slow - it's much faster to simply
> copy the actual data files directly, though you need to fully flush and lock
> your master first, and it helps if my.cnf settings are more or less
> identical on master and slave.
>
> If you're running InnoDB tables, look at Percona's XtraBackup for building
> slaves.
>
> Marcus
> --
> Marcus Bointon
> Synchromedia Limited: Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
> UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions
> marcus@stripped | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/

Thread
Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
    • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
      • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
        • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon1 Jul
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverewen fortune26 Jun
    • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul