List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:June 26 2009 10:12am
Subject:Re: Upload from cluster takes forever
View as plain text
On 26 Jun 2009, at 10:58, Xavier Cardil wrote:

> key_buffer              = 16M

That should probably be much bigger, assuming you're using MyISAM
tables. If this box is not doing anything else, you should make this
as big as will fit into available memory without squeezing the rest of
the system.

> The problem is that 5 days have passed and the restore process still
> running. I don't know if this is normal, as It never happened to
> me.  Do I
> have to tune some param to speed it up ? Thank yo

5 days is way too long for this much data. You can see exactly what's
going on by opening another mysql connection and doing a 'show
processlist;' which will show exactly what's running so you can see
how far it's got through your import. It should also be consuming
server resources - memory and disk usage should be increasing as it
grows. If it doesn't seem to be doing much, it may be hung up on
something.

Generally restoring from SQL dumps is slow - it's much faster to
simply copy the actual data files directly, though you need to fully
flush and lock your master first, and it helps if my.cnf settings are
more or less identical on master and slave.

If you're running InnoDB tables, look at Percona's XtraBackup for
building slaves.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
    • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
      • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
        • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon26 Jun
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverXavier Cardil26 Jun
          • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul
            • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverMarcus Bointon1 Jul
  • Re: Upload from cluster takes foreverewen fortune26 Jun
    • RE: Upload from cluster takes foreverRick James1 Jul