List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:June 18 2009 3:49pm
Subject:Re: Replicating Archive tables
View as plain text
On 18 Jun 2009, at 16:17, Muthukumar Selvarasu wrote:

> What issue you facing it?
>
> Before you do replication stop the service and do the raw data
> backup and do
> it.

No particular issues - I've not tried it yet, just wondering about it.
I'm looking for a mechanism for a logging-style table that will be
almost 100% writes with very occasional reads. InnoDB seems like
overkill for that, archive seems a good fit. It's in a 100% InnoDB
database that's already replicating. Adding it isn't a problem as that
will just replicate too, I just want to know if there are any gotchas
regarding its use in that environment.

I would guess that the archive table coupled with mysql 5.1
partitioning would be a really good solution for some pretty large
data sets.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Replicating Archive tablesMarcus Bointon18 Jun
  • RE: Replicating Archive tablesMuthukumar Selvarasu18 Jun
Re: Replicating Archive tablesMarcus Bointon18 Jun