List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael R Kirkpatrick Date:June 18 2009 4:01pm
Subject:safest binary log rotation method?
View as plain text
Hello,

    I am trying to determine the safest way to rotate binary logs in a
master-master replication environment on RH Linux with MySQL 5.0.45?
How do I make sure I save enough bin logs in case a slave has stopped
replicating and I won't need those logs? Trial and error is not an
option. The other side of the equation would be making sure my disk
doesn't fill up with too many log files? I don't see that there is a
mysql script in my /etc/logrotate.d folder. I would resort to a
customized script if need be but I'm not that adept at scripting. Has
anyone out there had good experience with a script for accomplishing
this job?

Thanks 4 any help!!

--Michael

Michael Kirkpatrick
Systems Administrator
MicroElectronics, Inc.

Thread
safest binary log rotation method?Michael R Kirkpatrick18 Jun