List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Erwan Ben Souiden Date:June 17 2009 9:09am
Subject:[MySQL - replication] Freeze
View as plain text
Hi there,

I got a really strange situation.
Basically I set a mysql replication without any problem (I'm really
confident with this). All seems to be good until I see that no update
has been replicated to one of my slave !
The Slave_IO_Running and the Slave_SQL_Running are "Yes" but the
Read_Master_Log_Pos seems to be "freezed". I check with the "show
processlist;" command but all seems ok.
I try to create a new database on the master to be sure there is an
update but the Read_Master_Log_Pos doesn't change !

So I just run a "stop slave;" then a "start slave;" and my slave is
now synchronized ! But I don't understand what's happened... There are
several slaves for this master and only one (the same) has this kind
of problem (3 times in one month).

I'm totally lost so any help/clue will be greatly appreciated :)
Please forgive my poor english level :)

Cheers,
Erwan

Some informations about my config :

mysql version : 5.0.51a-24+lenny1 (Debian)

mysql slave config :
server-id               = 42
master-host = 10.0.0.2
master-user = replicateur
master-password = password
master-port = 3306
[MySQL - replication] FreezeErwan Ben Souiden17 Jun
  • Re: [MySQL - replication] FreezeSchackenberg17 Jun
    • Re: [MySQL - replication] FreezeErwan Ben Souiden17 Jun
      • Re: [MySQL - replication] FreezeSchackenberg17 Jun
Re: [MySQL - replication] FreezeErwan Ben Souiden17 Jun
  • Re: [MySQL - replication] FreezeJohan De Meersman17 Jun