List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carl Marcinik Date:May 13 2009 7:39pm
Subject:advice on master-master replication failover support
View as plain text
Hi,
    We've been using MySQL for a few years but have only done master-slave
replication. For several reasons, for an upcoming project we want to use
master-master replication in active/passive mode (active master can read/write, "passive"
can only read). We need automatic failover support, but it has to work  for 1)
multiple app servers sharing the same MySQL master-master backend and 2) redundant
networks between the app servers and the DB servers (all servers have two network ports
connected to different subnets).

I have been looking at MMM Replication Manager and Heartbeat, but neither seem to have
all that I need. The question is: Is either one of these a better starting point for what
I want to do? Is there a better way (taking into consideration, I need to fail over the
write role when the active master fails)?

I would appreciate any sage advice!

Thanks,
CM

Thread
advice on master-master replication failover supportCarl Marcinik13 May
  • RE: advice on master-master replication failover supportRick James13 May
    • Re: advice on master-master replication failover supportMarcus Bointon14 May
      • RE: advice on master-master replication failover supportRick James15 May
Re: advice on master-master replication failover supportCM14 May