List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon J Mudd Date:October 16 2008 9:52am
View as plain text
Please don't cc me: I'm subscribed to the list.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:06:20AM +0100, Marcus Bointon wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2008, at 09:46, Simon J Mudd wrote:
> >If they are on 2 instances then they are not on the same slave, so the
> >answer is definitely no.
> Not true. Simply run the two instances on different ports and
> different config files.

Then you are not replicating from 2 separate masters into the same
instance which is what the questioner was asking.

MySQL allows you to do:

           /--------> slave 1
master  ------------> slave 2
           \--------> slave 3

Whether these slaves are located on the same server or not is irrelevant.

What it doesn't allow you to do is:

master 1 --\
master 2 ------> common slave instance
master 3 --/

Thus the "common slave instance" acts as a central server containing all
the data from the 3 masters shown in the example. To do this requires
careful configuration to ensure you avoid duplicate rows but can be done,
but not AFAIK in MySQL.

REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
  • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONIan Christian17 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct