List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon J Mudd Date:October 16 2008 9:52am
Subject:Re: REPLICATION
View as plain text
Please don't cc me: I'm subscribed to the list.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:06:20AM +0100, Marcus Bointon wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2008, at 09:46, Simon J Mudd wrote:
>
> >If they are on 2 instances then they are not on the same slave, so the
> >answer is definitely no.
>
> Not true. Simply run the two instances on different ports and
> different config files.

Then you are not replicating from 2 separate masters into the same
instance which is what the questioner was asking.

MySQL allows you to do:

           /--------> slave 1
          /
master  ------------> slave 2
          \
           \--------> slave 3

Whether these slaves are located on the same server or not is irrelevant.

What it doesn't allow you to do is:

master 1 --\
            \
master 2 ------> common slave instance
            /
master 3 --/

Thus the "common slave instance" acts as a central server containing all
the data from the 3 masters shown in the example. To do this requires
careful configuration to ensure you avoid duplicate rows but can be done,
but not AFAIK in MySQL.

Simon
Thread
REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
  • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONIan Christian17 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct