List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:October 16 2008 9:00am
Subject:Re: REPLICATION
View as plain text
Hi Simon,

There are many products running on different mysql production server. In
order to generate daily, weekly, monthly, half-yearly reports. I need all
the data on one mysql server called report server. But, I haven't make it
possible. As slave can have only one master.

I believe that yahoo, google and other companies must be generating reports.
How they are doing. Any Idea.
There must be some way to do it.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@stripped> wrote:

> marcus@stripped (Marcus Bointon) writes:
>
> > On 15 Oct 2008, at 07:18, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> >
> >> One mysql master server can have n number of slaves. But, Is it
> >> possible to
> >> have two master replicated to 1 slave either using script or by any
> >> other
> >> way.
> >
> > Not unless you run two instances of MySQLd on the slave.
>
> If they are on 2 instances then they are not on the same slave, so the
> answer is definitely no.
>
> That said it shouldn't be _too_ hard for someone who knows the MySQL
> code to adjust the code so that the slave SQL thread could be
> configured to talk to an external "instance", thus replicating from a
> remote mysql server to another remote server. The problem is you
> really need to know the code to see how to make these changes.  A
> suitable hacked mysqld would then be able to replicate into another
> box, and thus allow one to do what Krishna was requesting.
>
> I've had a very brief look at this but haven't had time to hack away
> at the code. A project like this would be really nice as one of the
> big features I think that is missing from MySQL is to be able to
> replicate from various servers into another server. Unfortunately
> that's just not possible at the moment.
>
> Simon

Krishna Chandra Prajapati
Mob: 9912924044
Email-id: prajapatikc@stripped

Thread
REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
  • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONIan Christian17 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct