List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon J Mudd Date:October 16 2008 8:46am
Subject:Re: REPLICATION
View as plain text
marcus@stripped (Marcus Bointon) writes:

> On 15 Oct 2008, at 07:18, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
>
>> One mysql master server can have n number of slaves. But, Is it
>> possible to
>> have two master replicated to 1 slave either using script or by any
>> other
>> way.
>
> Not unless you run two instances of MySQLd on the slave.

If they are on 2 instances then they are not on the same slave, so the
answer is definitely no.

That said it shouldn't be _too_ hard for someone who knows the MySQL
code to adjust the code so that the slave SQL thread could be
configured to talk to an external "instance", thus replicating from a
remote mysql server to another remote server. The problem is you
really need to know the code to see how to make these changes.  A
suitable hacked mysqld would then be able to replicate into another
box, and thus allow one to do what Krishna was requesting.

I've had a very brief look at this but haven't had time to hack away
at the code. A project like this would be really nice as one of the
big features I think that is missing from MySQL is to be able to
replicate from various servers into another server. Unfortunately
that's just not possible at the moment.

Simon
Thread
REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
  • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon15 Oct
    • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONKrishna Chandra Prajapati16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONIan Christian17 Oct
      • Re: REPLICATIONMarcus Bointon16 Oct
        • Re: REPLICATIONSimon J Mudd16 Oct