List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:September 30 2008 9:59pm
Subject:Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)
View as plain text
On 30 Sep 2008, at 21:21, Simon J Mudd wrote:

> maatkit has some
> tools to do this as often it's quite hard on a busy system where the
> data is changing while you're trying to check for differences.

I've been looking at maatkit, but I find that the documentation is
very hard to fathom - lots of specification with no real examples or
scenarios, like the all too common foreign key clash. I find I have no
choice but to do a complete rebuild of the DB whenever I get one, but
unfortunately it takes 29 hours to import the database from scratch,
during which time I have no replicated backup... I fail to see how a
slave could end up with content not on the master, and thus cause the
clash - if there are no writes to the slave and the replication is
only of committed transactions from the master, where can the clash
possibly come from? I can understand that some kind of deadlock
occurring on the slave could result in data being missing from the
slave (though again, I find that unlikely - with a single thread doing
the updating, what is there to deadlock with?), but that would never
cause a key clash - only additional data not on the master could cause
that.

Has anyone tried Continuent's Tungsten Replicator? It's intended to
completely replace mysql's replication, and has maatkit-inspired
features built-in. http://community.continuent.com/community/tungsten-replicator

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse30 Sep
  • RE: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Rick James30 Sep
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Simon J Mudd30 Sep
    • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Marcus Bointon30 Sep
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse1 Oct
    • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)ewen fortune1 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse1 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse2 Oct
    • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Eber Duarte2 Oct