List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:September 30 2008 5:10pm
Subject:Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)
View as plain text
Replication has come to a halt on my slave machine because of a foreign key
constraint issue.  It was attempting to add a child record for a parent
record that is not present.  After checking it, starting with that
particular missing parent record, there are no more below that area.  My
question is this.  If it's present on the master, why wouldn't it be present
on the slave before the child record would have been added?  I did not
receive such an error on the master server??  I could probably add the
missing master record, but the problem is that this will occur again.  It's
happened about 3 times now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse30 Sep
  • RE: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Rick James30 Sep
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Simon J Mudd30 Sep
    • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Marcus Bointon30 Sep
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse1 Oct
    • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)ewen fortune1 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse1 Oct
  • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Jesse2 Oct
    • Re: Replication Stopping (foreign key issue)Eber Duarte2 Oct