List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Database System Date:September 17 2008 9:02pm
Subject:RE: Consulting
View as plain text
There were no any error message on console or in error log.

The symptoms are
1) the binary log file goes to /data/mysql/data/ dir, not as defined in /data/mysql/log/
2) the binary log files name start with "mysql-bin", not as I defined in my.cnf

I created directories as following and changed the owner to mysql account
/data/
/data/mysql/
/data/mysql/log/
/data/mysql/data/

I thought about might be I need to define "basedir" in my.cnf when I define log-bin. But
no matter what value I put in, the server cannot start.
from ps -ef I saw the default --basedir =/
but I cannot put this value in my.cnf either.

Thanks,
Lisa