List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:September 8 2008 5:33pm
Subject:RE: mysql Replication is too slow
View as plain text
It may not be solvable.  Some issues to consider:

* Slave hardware should be at least as powerful as master.
* Slave executes the replication stream single-threaded, unlike the master.
* Row-based-replication may help
* When there are long-running queries Seconds_Behind_Master lies, but you say it is
consistently > 300 sec?
* Check settings of key_buffer_size, innodb_buffer_pool_size and RAM.  (Show us the values
on master and slave, we will critique)
* If possible "batch" INSERTs; this will speed things up greatly.  INSERT ... (a,b) VALUES

Thread
mysql Replication is too slowTimo8 Sep
  • RE: mysql Replication is too slowRick James8 Sep
    • Re: mysql Replication is too slowMarcus Bointon8 Sep
      • RE: mysql Replication is too slowRick James8 Sep
        • ConsultingDatabase System17 Sep
          • RE: ConsultingRick James17 Sep
            • RE: ConsultingDatabase System17 Sep
              • Re: ConsultingMarcus Bointon17 Sep