It may not be solvable. Some issues to consider:
* Slave hardware should be at least as powerful as master.
* Slave executes the replication stream single-threaded, unlike the master.
* Row-based-replication may help
* When there are long-running queries Seconds_Behind_Master lies, but you say it is
consistently > 300 sec?
* Check settings of key_buffer_size, innodb_buffer_pool_size and RAM. (Show us the values
on master and slave, we will critique)
* If possible "batch" INSERTs; this will speed things up greatly. INSERT ... (a,b) VALUES
(1,2), (22,33), ...;
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Timo [mailto:greycd@stripped]
> Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 2:38 AM
> To: replication@stripped
> Subject: mysql Replication is too slow
> Hi All:
> The Mysql version is 5.1, I have one master DB and four slave DB. Only
> replicate one DB. But when I run "show slave status\G", the
> "Seconds_Behind_Master " always lagerer than 300. I don't
> know how to repair
> this problem.
> Best regards
> 戚俊？ Timo Qi
> msn: timo@stripped
> UNIX System Admin