List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Leandro Chapuis Date:September 3 2008 3:59pm
Subject:Re: Replication problems - Moodle - Figured out what is happening
- But I still need to solve it
View as plain text
Hi Daniel,

Answering your question, just add
'replicate-ignore-table=[dbname].[tablename]' in the mysqld' section of
your slave my.cnf and then restart MySQL.

To see if the change took effect issue 'SHOW SLAVE STATUS\G' and look
for 'Replicate_Ignore_Table'. Then you will have to jump errors until it
stops throwing them.

This is not advisable as you will have different data within your dbs.
The slave it's never used for writings, just readings... unless you want
to set a master master replication to let the current master see the
changes on the current slave.

Hope it helps.

Daniel Antonio Fernandes Bojczuk wrote:
> Hi again!!
>
> I figured out what is happening, but i still need to solve it.
>
> That is the situation:
>
> I have two moodle servers working with replication. And I'm having
> problem with mdl_log table, with this comment:
>
> 'Every action is logged as far as possible'
>
> So what heppens: I use the master server and make some change using
> moodle. And the replication happens. Then I log in on moodle (slave
> server). Here is te problem: The moodle makes an INSERT on table
> mdl_log. (The auto_increment works).
>
> Is ther any way to not replicate this table? Or any way to avoid
> moodle change this table?
>
> Thanks for helping!
> Sorry for the English!
>
> Daniel Bojczuk
>

> 2008/9/2 Daniel Antonio Fernandes Bojczuk <danielbojczuk@stripped>:
>
>> Hello people,
>>
>> I have a moodle ( Free, Open Source Course Management System for
>> Online Learning - moodle.org) server running with mysql serverand I
>> want to replicate the data from the mysql server. I followed the
>> guide: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication.html.
>> But it's not working fine.
>> It starts the replication, but after the "first" replication I get this error:
>> Error 'Duplicate entry '48485' for key 1' on query. Default database:
>> 'moodle'. Query: 'INSERT INTO mdl_log (time, userid, course, ip,
>> module, cmid, action, url, info)
>>        VALUES ('1220376678', '100', '39', '143.107.200.121',
>> 'course', '0', 'view', 'view.php?id=39', '39')'
>>
>> I tryed to delete all values from this table, but I've got the same error.
>>
>> Can someone help-me?
>>
>> Thank's  and sorry bout my English.
>>
>> ---
>> Daniel Bojczuk
>> http://blog.hutonweb.com - Programação,
> administração, tecnologia e
>> outras coisas mais

Thread
Replication problems - Moodle - Figured out what is happening - But I still need to solve itDaniel Antonio Fernandes Bojczuk3 Sep
  • Re: Replication problems - Moodle - Figured out what is happening - But I still need to solve itMarcus Bointon3 Sep
  • Re: Replication problems - Moodle - Figured out what is happening- But I still need to solve itLeandro Chapuis3 Sep