List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:August 29 2008 5:35pm
Subject:RE: Thoughts on MySQL replication
> That would give you more paralellism but really that's irrelevant:
> you're solving a different problem to the problem solved by the
> current built-in replication functionality provided by mysqld.

Well, the next step...  Back to the traditional 1->N replication.
Performance on the slave can be poor because of being single-threaded.
With your multi-source code, one could extend things further to have
multiple binlogs coming out of the 1 master and being applied in
parallel on each slave.  This would allow [given that you "know what you
are doing"] you to configure traditional replication to run faster on
slaves.  :)

I have one system with 100 dbs.  These dbs are virtually independent.
Sometimes a flood of data goes into one db, thereby impacting any
inserts into other dbs.  With the above code, I could have multiple
threads running on the slaves and get some parallelism, and improve the
SLAs.

> Simon

Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd28 Aug
  • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Zawodny28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Cole28 Aug
      • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
  • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
      • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James29 Aug
        • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd30 Aug
          • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James3 Sep