List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon J Mudd Date:August 29 2008 6:13am
Subject:Re: Thoughts on MySQL replication
View as plain text
jeremy@stripped (Jeremy Cole) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Mostly because it's hard to write new code while gagging, convulsing,
> and choking on our own blood spilling from our eyeballs after reading
> the current code.... :)

Well there's little new code that is needed. Only the configuration of
how to connect to the remote "slave" host/user/pass
(authentication is implicit in the current code as the SQL thread runs
on the slave with SUPER privileges [I think]).

> OK, I might have exaggerated a *little* but not much. :)

I've not really looked at the code, but any code the size of MySQL is
bound to be big and knowing how to rip out the right stuff requires
quite a lot of study...

Simon

Thread
Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd28 Aug
  • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Zawodny28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Cole28 Aug
      • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
  • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
      • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James29 Aug
        • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd30 Aug
          • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James3 Sep