List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon J Mudd Date:August 29 2008 6:10am
Subject:Re: Thoughts on MySQL replication
View as plain text
Jeremy@stripped ("Jeremy Zawodny") writes:

> Simon,
>
> You're right about the two bits.  And the idea of a replication proxy has
> been floating around for years now.  But so far I've not seen anyone build
> it...

I assume therefore it's because for most people there's no need:
simple 1:N replication is fine.

To write the code probably means stripping the "database code" out of
the existing server and to know how to do that requires a good
knowledge of the source.

Simon
Thread
Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd28 Aug
  • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Zawodny28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Cole28 Aug
      • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
  • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
      • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James29 Aug
        • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd30 Aug
          • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James3 Sep