List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:August 28 2008 6:34pm
Subject:RE: Thoughts on MySQL replication
View as plain text
If such existed, there would be a big caveat...  The various masters
should not replicate to the same tables.  If they do, there is a big
risk of errors discovered on the Slave (duplicate key, etc).  These
freeze replication until a human takes some kind of action.

Since replication is single threaded on the slave, it might be desirable
to have both threads duplicated.  Then, IF the user keeps his Masters
from stepping into each other's turf, you could get parallelism that
does not exist today!  :)

Rick James
MySQL Geeks - Consulting & Review

Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd28 Aug
  • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Zawodny28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationJeremy Cole28 Aug
      • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
  • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James28 Aug
    • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd29 Aug
      • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James29 Aug
        • Re: Thoughts on MySQL replicationSimon J Mudd30 Aug
          • RE: Thoughts on MySQL replicationRick James3 Sep