List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SolidEther Date:August 12 2008 9:17pm
Subject:Re: changes in slave db layout
View as plain text
Thx Rick, we will give it a try then!

Cheers,

Michael

On Aug 13, 2008, at 5:07 AM, Rick James wrote:

> "extend the structure" --
>
> If you mean extra databases and/or tables, either should work.
>
> If you mean extra/diff indexes, either(?) should work.  [My previous
> email was fishing for this answer.]
>
> If you mean diff "engine" (MyISAM vs InnoDB), probably only
> statement-based-repl will work.  And there may be caveats with
> foreign-key-constraints, etc.
>
> If you mean extra columns, only statement-based-repl will work.
>
> If you mean missing/changed columns, good luck.
>

> Rick James
> MySQL Geeks - Consulting & Review

Thread
changes in slave db layoutSolidEther7 Aug
  • Re: changes in slave db layoutMarcus Bointon7 Aug
    • RE: changes in slave db layoutRick James8 Aug
      • Re: changes in slave db layoutMark Callaghan8 Aug
        • Re: changes in slave db layoutSolidEther10 Aug
          • RE: changes in slave db layoutRick James12 Aug
            • Re: changes in slave db layoutSolidEther12 Aug