List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:August 12 2008 5:07pm
Subject:RE: changes in slave db layout
View as plain text
"extend the structure" --

If you mean extra databases and/or tables, either should work.

If you mean extra/diff indexes, either(?) should work.  [My previous
email was fishing for this answer.]

If you mean diff "engine" (MyISAM vs InnoDB), probably only
statement-based-repl will work.  And there may be caveats with
foreign-key-constraints, etc.

If you mean extra columns, only statement-based-repl will work.

If you mean missing/changed columns, good luck.

Rick James
MySQL Geeks - Consulting & Review