List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Callaghan Date:August 8 2008 3:45pm
Subject:Re: changes in slave db layout
View as plain text
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Rick James <rjames@stripped> wrote:

> How does row-based replication trigger updates to index blocks??

My guess is that the slave applies row-based replication changes via the
handler interfaces for row insert/update/delete. This interface today does
not have separate methods to do index maintenance after DML. It is up to the
storage engine to do the right thing.

> Rick James
> MySQL Geeks - Consulting & Review

Mark Callaghan
mcallaghan@stripped

Thread
changes in slave db layoutSolidEther7 Aug
  • Re: changes in slave db layoutMarcus Bointon7 Aug
    • RE: changes in slave db layoutRick James8 Aug
      • Re: changes in slave db layoutMark Callaghan8 Aug
        • Re: changes in slave db layoutSolidEther10 Aug
          • RE: changes in slave db layoutRick James12 Aug
            • Re: changes in slave db layoutSolidEther12 Aug