List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nicolas Jauffret Date:August 7 2008 4:02pm
Subject:Master-Master auto-increment ID problem
View as plain text
Hello,

we have a master-master configuration using version 5.0.27-standard-log.
We use even numbers for key id inserts on the first server, and odd
numbers on the second.

Our issue : about once a week, on replication, we get the following error:

080807 11:38:10 [ERROR] Slave: Error 'Duplicate entry '2108084' for key
1' on query. Default database: 'our_database'. Query: 'INSERT INTO
`our_database`.`our_table`(`field2`,`field3`,`field4`)
VALUES('2','3','4')', Error_code: 1062

(Theses errors does not depend on one table or another, it occured from
time to time with different inserts on different tables)
In these inserts, the value of the key field is not specified so mysql
shall use an auto-incremented id.
But, as a matter of fact, in these cases, the key id it generates is
already used.
And when we take a look at the already existing row, all data in it is
NULL, or in default values...

Would you know what it can come from ?

Regards,

Nicolas Jauffret

Thread
Master-Master auto-increment ID problemNicolas Jauffret7 Aug