List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:August 7 2008 8:28am
Subject:Re: changes in slave db layout
View as plain text
On 7 Aug 2008, at 08:42, SolidEther wrote:

> Regarding the option of doing replication on just certain tables of
> a database, or even row-based replication, is it possible to alter a
> database layout on the slave side, in particular by extending the
> replicated tables by additional keys?

If you make the changes on the master, they will be replicated to the
slaves. The only problem I can see in adding keys on the slave alone
is if they impose constraints (i.e. unique) that clash with data
coming from the master.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

changes in slave db layoutSolidEther7 Aug
  • Re: changes in slave db layoutMarcus Bointon7 Aug
    • RE: changes in slave db layoutRick James8 Aug
      • Re: changes in slave db layoutMark Callaghan8 Aug
        • Re: changes in slave db layoutSolidEther10 Aug
          • RE: changes in slave db layoutRick James12 Aug
            • Re: changes in slave db layoutSolidEther12 Aug