List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Travis Whitton Date:August 5 2008 7:30pm
Subject:Re: Master and Slave Losing Sync
View as plain text
I'm familiar with changing auto-increment values in a multi-master setup,
but this is a basic master/slave configuration. Thanks for the suggestion
though.

Travis

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Marcus Bointon <marcus@stripped>wrote:

> On 5 Aug 2008, at 19:29, Travis Whitton wrote:
>
>  For some unexplained reason, the primary key value is well
>> above the total number of rows. It seems like the primary key index is
>> growing by more than one in some situations; although, I'm not sure how
>> this
>> would happen.
>>

> That's actually pretty normal in a replication situation where you have
> more than one master - you space your autoincrements by say 10, and give
> each master an offset within that space so that you don't get any clashes of
> autoincremented values from different sources.
>
> Marcus
> --
> Marcus Bointon
> Synchromedia Limited: Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
> UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions
> marcus@stripped | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/

Thread
Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton1 Aug
  • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncDatabase System4 Aug
    • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton5 Aug
      • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncMarcus Bointon5 Aug
        • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton5 Aug
      • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncDatabase System5 Aug
        • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton6 Aug