List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:August 5 2008 7:19pm
Subject:Re: Master and Slave Losing Sync
View as plain text
On 5 Aug 2008, at 19:29, Travis Whitton wrote:

> For some unexplained reason, the primary key value is well
> above the total number of rows. It seems like the primary key index is
> growing by more than one in some situations; although, I'm not sure
> how this
> would happen.

That's actually pretty normal in a replication situation where you
have more than one master - you space your autoincrements by say 10,
and give each master an offset within that space so that you don't get
any clashes of autoincremented values from different sources.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton1 Aug
  • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncDatabase System4 Aug
    • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton5 Aug
      • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncMarcus Bointon5 Aug
        • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton5 Aug
      • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncDatabase System5 Aug
        • Re: Master and Slave Losing SyncTravis Whitton6 Aug