List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:July 22 2008 4:22pm
Subject:Re: Best way to recover from Replication Failure
View as plain text
On 22 Jul 2008, at 17:13, Jesse wrote:

> I don't know what these settings are.  I've checked My.INI and
> my.cnf  for "collation", and those are nowhere to be found??

There are many things that are not there by default; just add them.
I'm currently using these:

default-character-set   = latin1
default-collation       = latin1_bin

A little thing about your data dumps. If you're all InnoDB and you
specify --single-transaction and --master-data, you don't need to do a
lock tables at all, nor do you need to manually note the master
position, it's all done for you in the dump file, so that when you
import it, the master log and position values will be set correctly.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Best way to recover from Replication FailureJesse22 Jul
  • Re: Best way to recover from Replication FailureMichael Bunzel22 Jul
  • Re: Best way to recover from Replication FailureJesse22 Jul
    • Re: Best way to recover from Replication FailureMarcus Bointon22 Jul
    • Re: Best way to recover from Replication FailureMichael Bunzel22 Jul
  • Re: Best way to recover from Replication FailureJesse23 Jul