List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:July 15 2008 10:47pm
Subject:Re: Questions about replication
View as plain text
> Not a problem...  Extra info in the replication stream (stmt-based) says
> what NOW and RAND should return for the next statement.

Cool, so it doesn't look like I'll have to change that.

> I don't know if non-deterministic UDFs are in issue.

I went through all my functions, and I did find two non-deterministic
functions.  However, there were not marked so correctly.  As I understand
it, "Deterministic" means that it will always return the same value for the
same input.  I marked the two functions as deterministic.  This is always a
little confusing to me. For instance, I may have a function that is
InvoiceTotal(cInvoiceNo), which will go through a list of details, and
calculate the total for an invoice.  Well, It could be a "work in progress",
so right now it may return $500, and in 10 minutes, it may return $1500.
I've passed the same invoice # both times, but the value returned is
different. Does that make it non-deterministic?

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
  • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationMarcus Bointon15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationDevananda15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationAndrew Garner16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul