List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:July 15 2008 8:12am
Subject:Re: Questions about replication
View as plain text
On 14 Jul 2008, at 23:05, Jesse wrote:

> We're currently using version 5.0.17-nt-log on our main server. My
> understanding is that version 5.1 implements row based replication,
> which may work better for me, but I believe it's still in beta, and
> I'm uncomfortable using a beta product for our critical data.

I've been a bit concerned abotu statement based replication - if you
ever use non-deterministic functions like NOW() and RAND(), your
master and slave may contain different data, and row-based replication
solves that. I'm running 5.1 locally for development and have not seen
any problems, but I've not deployed it anywhere yet.

Take a look at the maatkit scripts (http://www.maatkit.org/) for
keeping an eye on your replication slave contents.

Marcus
Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
  • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationMarcus Bointon15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationDevananda15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationAndrew Garner16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul