List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:July 14 2008 10:56pm
Subject:RE: Questions about replication
View as plain text
In general -- I see dozens of master + slaves here with innodb and
autoincrements; "never" a problem.

Below...

** What is the symptom?

** Are you sure the data in slave is same as in master?

> 1. MOST of the databases that I have are using the InnoDB
> storage engine. Is
> that a problem?

No problem.

> 2. I have a lot of foreign keys defined in these tables. Is
> that a problem?

No problem.

> 3. I have triggers in a lot of tables, mostly for updating
> add (or update)
> date/time fields is that a problem?

Don't know.

> 3. I use AutoIncrement A LOT for a unique ID for each record
> (a common
> practice from what I understand).

No problem if writing to only one master.  Do you have a multi-master
setup?

> We're currently using version 5.0.17-nt-log on our main server. My
> understanding is that version 5.1 implements row based
> replication, which
> may work better for me, but I believe it's still in beta, and I'm
> uncomfortable using a beta product for our critical data.

Do you really need row-based?  All my experience is with stmt-based.

> Any help that anyone can give is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jesse

Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
  • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationMarcus Bointon15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationDevananda15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationAndrew Garner16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul