List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Date:July 14 2008 10:05pm
Subject:Questions about replication
View as plain text
I have tried to initiate replication several times over the past few months,
and it breaks every time. Sometimes it breaks in as little as 20 minutes,
sometimes it'll run for 2 days. I've got several questions to see if what I
am doing could cause replication to break.

1. MOST of the databases that I have are using the InnoDB storage engine. Is
that a problem?

2. I have a lot of foreign keys defined in these tables. Is that a problem?

3. I have triggers in a lot of tables, mostly for updating add (or update)
date/time fields is that a problem?

3. I use AutoIncrement A LOT for a unique ID for each record (a common
practice from what I understand).

We're currently using version 5.0.17-nt-log on our main server. My
understanding is that version 5.1 implements row based replication, which
may work better for me, but I believe it's still in beta, and I'm
uncomfortable using a beta product for our critical data.

Any help that anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse

Thread
Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
  • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationMarcus Bointon15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationDevananda15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse15 Jul
    • RE: Questions about replicationRick James15 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul
    • Re: Questions about replicationAndrew Garner16 Jul
  • Re: Questions about replicationJesse16 Jul