List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jose Thomas Date:May 19 2008 10:41am
Subject:netstat shows too many TIME_WAIT state
View as plain text
Hi there,

I have setup a MySQL DB replication running on a RHEL4 system (
Master server (RHEL4) running MySql version 4.1.20 and the
Slave server (CentOS 5.1) running with MySql version 5.0.22.

The replication is happening instantly as my Slave server getting the
updates, however
with ¨netstat -atp¨ from the Master, I am getting too many TIME_WAIT state,
like
tcp        0      0 master-server:mysql       slave-server:43973
TIME_WAIT   -
tcp        0      0 master-server:mysql       slave-server:43205
TIME_WAIT   -
tcp        0      0 master-server:mysql       slave-server:43461
TIME_WAIT   -

More than 300 TIME_WAIT stage can be seen now.

Please let me know what could be the problem and how to stop this
resource wastage. Is it a problem with the different Mysql versions
or something else.

Thanks in advance
Jose
--
Office: +971-4-3671912
Cell: +971-50-9943477

Thread
netstat shows too many TIME_WAIT stateJose Thomas19 May
  • RE: netstat shows too many TIME_WAIT stateRick James19 May