List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jimmy Guerrero Date:May 19 2008 3:08am
Subject:Re: Recommendations for upscaling
View as plain text
Hello,

One option for synchronous replication + MySQL is to take a look at DRBD.

http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/drbd.html

Another option is MySQL Cluster, however, there are limitations to be aware of.

Thanks,

Jimmy Guerrero
Sr Product Marketing Manager
Sun Microsystems, Database Group
www.mysql.com

sublimino@stripped wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I work for a small business running accounting and business management
> software (SaaS) on a single busy server, and we are planning to
> upscale to multiple servers. Having synchronous data is vital. In
> light of this:
>
> Is it possible for a replicated server to be synchronous?
> Are slaves run on hardware that is identical to the master?
> Can anybody recommend Continuent's middleware?
>
> Apologies for cross posting to the replication and cluster lists.
>
> Many thanks,
>

> Andrew Martin

Thread
Recommendations for upscalingsublimino19 May
  • Re: Recommendations for upscalingSaravanan19 May
  • Re: Recommendations for upscalingJimmy Guerrero19 May
  • RE: Recommendations for upscalingJeff Sturm19 May
  • Re: Recommendations for upscalingMarcus Bointon19 May