List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:May 16 2008 2:11pm
Subject:RE: Slave Server
View as plain text

[JS] I understand what you are trying to do, but as someone who (in a prior
life) taught disaster recovery techniques I advise you not to use a standby
system for development. My suggestion would be to run two instances of MySQL
on your backup server; keep one as a slave, and let the developers play with
the second instance.