List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:May 16 2008 9:18am
Subject:Re: Slave Server
View as plain text
On 16 May 2008, at 09:01, Shanmugam, Dhandapani wrote:

> Ok..But if I do any changes on slave databases for testing it will
> affect Master server also right...I don't want that to happen..
> After my
> testing on the slave database I need to revert back the databases as
> of
> master

You can't have it both ways - either it stays in sync or it doesn't.
Given that it sounds like you are describing a development
environment, I'd suggest you looking into schema versioning/migration
as available in Ruby on Rails.

Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Creators of
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions