List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kaushal Shriyan Date:April 7 2008 11:44am
Subject:Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database Server
View as plain text
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Marcus Bointon <marcus@stripped>
wrote:

> On 7 Apr 2008, at 11:34, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
>  In that case so setting up Master-Master will serve my purpose of  "if
> > the Master goes down, the slave should take care and
> > act as Master. the Master should acts as slave and reversing of this
> > role."
> >
> > Am i correct.
> >

> Well, yes, but in fact you don't have to do anything at all at the server
> end - they are continuously acting as both master and slave, so all you need
> to do is change where your app points. You can then rebuild/fix your other
> server, let it catch up with the other server's binary logs, and you're back
> where you were with no down time.
>
>  mysqldump -u root -p --opt --quick --single-transaction --master-data
> > mydb > mydb.sql
> >
> > I believe the above command does a full backup of database "mydb" In
> > that case whats the best usage of the mysqldump command to restore it in the
> > other host
> >

> Yes. To import it you'd typically do:
>
> mysql -u root -p < mydb.sql
>
> or interactively using \. in the mysql client.
>

> Marcus
> --
> Marcus Bointon
> Synchromedia Limited: Creators of http://www.smartmessages.net/
> UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions
> marcus@stripped | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/

Thanks Marcus :-)

Marcus, do you have a step by step guide for configuring MySQL Database
Master Master server for my requirement

Thanks in Advance

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Thread
Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerKaushal Shriyan7 Apr
  • Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerMarcus Bointon7 Apr
    • Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerKaushal Shriyan7 Apr
      • Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerMarcus Bointon7 Apr
        • Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerKaushal Shriyan7 Apr
          • Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerMarcus Bointon7 Apr
            • Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerKaushal Shriyan10 Apr
              • Re: Master - Slave MySQL Database ServerMarcus Bointon10 Apr