List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Weathers Date:January 5 2005 10:01pm
Subject:Problem when I rename the slave and master servers?
View as plain text
We have success set up replication under MySQL 4.0, but have had to change
the name and IP addresses on the primary and slave servers.  Since the name
change I have not been able to get replication running again.

Command to set up new master server:

CHANGE MASTER TO

MASTER_HOST='sun-tms6-1',

MASTER_USER='ttadmin',

MASTER_PASSWORD='removed password',

MASTER_LOG_FILE='sun-tms6-1-bin',

MASTER_LOG_POS=79;

Result: Could not initialize master info structure

Log entry:

050105 14:39:17  Failed to open the relay log './localhost-relay-bin.000002'
(relay_log_pos 2813190)

050105 14:39:17  Could not find target log during relay log initialization

I have noticed that there is no longer a file called
localhost-relay-bin.xxxxxx it is now sun-tms6-2-relay-bin.xxxxx.\

How can I initialize the servers back to its original state so I can reset
up replication?

-Scott

Scott Weathers

Senior Software Engineer/Project Lead

Thread
Problem when I rename the slave and master servers?Scott Weathers5 Jan