List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:March 20 2008 6:30pm
Subject:Re: Basic questions on slave servers
View as plain text
On 20 Mar 2008, at 17:51, Andy Smith wrote:
> You say in the past its not been recommended, that implies that the
> situation has now changed and that
> this is seen as a stable configuration (production ready or however
> u want to call it). Would that be correct?

He may be referring to the new replication features in 5.1 which make
replication generally more reliable, particularly in the case of row-
based replication.

5.1 is not released yet, so I wouldn't describe it as stable, though
it may well be in practice.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith18 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversChris.Leeworthy18 Mar
    • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEd W23 Mar
      • Re: Basic questions on slave serversArthur Fuller23 Mar
        • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEd W23 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversEdward F. Pauley II18 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith18 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James19 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith20 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMartin MC Brown20 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith20 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMarcus Bointon20 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James20 Mar
    • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEric Frazier20 Mar
      • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James20 Mar
        • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMoon's Father21 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith21 Mar