List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Smith Date:March 20 2008 5:51pm
Subject:Re: Basic questions on slave servers
View as plain text
Hi Martin,

  ok thanks, so the next questions that come to mind are:

You say in the past its not been recommended, that implies that the situation has now
changed and that
this is seen as a stable configuration (production ready or however u want to call it).
Would that be correct?

Good to hear your working on some complete documentation! In the mean time, can you point
me at any
useful information regarding this?? How it handles replication WRT writes to multiple
hosts etc?

If I just need HA and in practice I am never going to be doing writes to both masters at
the same time is this
already a fairly robust solution for my needs? Ie perhaps I will have a floating IP which
Ill move from one system
to the other in the event of any issues on the primary master,

thanks for your help! Andy.
There are two reasons for this:

1) It's not something that in the past we have recommended as a
solution because of the potential problems (overwriting IDs, getting
DBs out of sync, etc).

2) We did have, incomplete, information and advice in the manual,
which was removed to be part of a new topology chapter. This new
chapter is currently being written :)

Thread
Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith18 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversChris.Leeworthy18 Mar
    • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEd W23 Mar
      • Re: Basic questions on slave serversArthur Fuller23 Mar
        • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEd W23 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversEdward F. Pauley II18 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith18 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James19 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith20 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMartin MC Brown20 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith20 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMarcus Bointon20 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James20 Mar
    • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEric Frazier20 Mar
      • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James20 Mar
        • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMoon's Father21 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith21 Mar