List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin MC Brown Date:March 20 2008 4:59pm
Subject:Re: Basic questions on slave servers
View as plain text
Hi Andy,

> Strangely regarding master-master replication there doesnt seem to
> be any documentation on this on the mysql site (tho there is
> on other external sites). Is there any particular reason for this
> lack of information? I'd like to see some info on the theory of how
> master-master works and the limitations...

There are two reasons for this:

1) It's not something that in the past we have recommended as a
solution because of the potential problems (overwriting IDs, getting
DBs out of sync, etc).

2) We did have, incomplete, information and advice in the manual,
which was removed to be part of a new topology chapter. This new
chapter is currently being written :)

MC

--
Martin MC Brown, Technical Writer
MySQL AB, http://www.mysql.com

Thread
Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith18 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversChris.Leeworthy18 Mar
    • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEd W23 Mar
      • Re: Basic questions on slave serversArthur Fuller23 Mar
        • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEd W23 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversEdward F. Pauley II18 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith18 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James19 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith20 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMartin MC Brown20 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith20 Mar
  • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMarcus Bointon20 Mar
  • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James20 Mar
    • Re: Basic questions on slave serversEric Frazier20 Mar
      • RE: Basic questions on slave serversRick James20 Mar
        • Re: Basic questions on slave serversMoon's Father21 Mar
Re: Basic questions on slave serversAndy Smith21 Mar