List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Edward F. Pauley II Date:March 18 2008 2:51pm
Subject:RE: Basic questions on slave servers
View as plain text

Andy,
1. MySQL does not prevent any other updates to the slave. You can do this
yourself by only allowing SELECT privileges to users.

2. You really need not do anything, unless you have restricted users access
like mentioned in above.

Syncing the slave up to the master upon recovery is an entirely different
story. This is not easy to accomplish. There are several options for this
though and it is not impossible.

If High Availability is your goal you should consider other easier to manage
HA solutions such as DRBD.

Ed Pauley II
MySQL DBA - CMDBA