List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jed Reynolds Date:February 26 2008 6:37pm
Subject:Re: MySQL replication delaying issue
View as plain text
Rick James wrote:
> Are there issues with doing that mysqldump on 50GB of data?

Wouldn't the only issue be that you might incur a healthy replication lag?

I do something like
ssh me@remote mysqldump --skip-locking dbname \
| mysql -u me -p dbname

For about 20GB of data so I can get a nightly snapshot of data to my dev
database. I run it at night and it takes about 40 min. I don't know if
it would turn into a 40 min replication lag if I were using innodb
transactions, but it sounds likely to me.

>> If you use all InnoDB, you can do:
>>
>> mysqldump --single-transaction --master-data --opt <mydb> > dump.sql
>>
>> This does a transactional dump (so no need to lock tables), and
>> includes the necessary 'SET MASTER' log and position commands
>> for easy
>> importing on the slave - and no downtime required!

^^^^^^
That's awesome! I wish that applied to me :-) Maybe in future.

Jed
Thread
MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
    • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
      • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
          • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
            • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueEric Bergen26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
    • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta27 Feb