List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:February 26 2008 6:17pm
Subject:Re: MySQL replication delaying issue
View as plain text
On 26 Feb 2008, at 18:07, Jed Reynolds wrote:

> The only drawback to I find to having just two masters is the
> situation where one master gets disabled for a prolonged time and I
> need to take a snapshot from the other master, then I have a few
> seconds of downtime on the remaining master.

If you use all InnoDB, you can do:

mysqldump --single-transaction --master-data --opt <mydb> > dump.sql

This does a transactional dump (so no need to lock tables), and
includes the necessary 'SET MASTER' log and position commands for easy
importing on the slave - and no downtime required!

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
    • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
      • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
          • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
            • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueEric Bergen26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
    • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta27 Feb