List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jed Reynolds Date:February 26 2008 6:07pm
Subject:Re: MySQL replication delaying issue
View as plain text
Marcus Bointon wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2008, at 17:09, Rick James wrote:
>
>> I hope you don't mean 6 masters in a circle.  If one fails, you will
>> have a mess.
>
> Not necessarily:
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/04/20/advanced-mysql-replication.html?page=2
>

> That's not to say that I wouldn't find it a scary thing to manage! I
> suspect with 6 servers, 2 masters and 4 slaves might be a better
> arrangement.

I would agree. The only drawback to I find to having just two masters is
the situation where one master gets disabled for a prolonged time and I
need to take a snapshot from the other master, then I have a few seconds
of downtime on the remaining master. I'm sure I could improve my
technique, but I can tolerate what I have currently.

Jed
Thread
MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
    • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
      • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
          • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
            • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueEric Bergen26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
    • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta27 Feb