List:Replication« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:February 26 2008 4:45pm
Subject:Re: MySQL replication delaying issue
View as plain text
On 26 Feb 2008, at 16:28, Lasitha Alawatta wrote:

> Server Environment :  Six identical Linux Enterprise version 4
> running, servers with having MySQL version 6.
> we are using “MySQL multi-master replication” method for database
> replication.

Are you really running 6? It's still very much an alpha. 5.0 is
current, 5.1 is in release candidate stage.

> There is a delay (5-7 minutes) of that data replication process.
> We notice that it’s because of MySQL table locking.

That's not specifically a replication issue, but it suggests you're
using MyISAM (or similar) tables that don't support row-level locking.
Switching to InnoDB should cure that.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
    • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
      • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueMarcus Bointon26 Feb
          • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
            • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
        • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueEric Bergen26 Feb
  • Re: MySQL replication delaying issueJed Reynolds26 Feb
    • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueRick James26 Feb
  • RE: MySQL replication delaying issueLasitha Alawatta27 Feb